THE AT-HOME BEAUTY TOOL FOR GLOWING, FIRMER SKIN
Gua sha treatment relaxes the muscles, gets the energy and blood moving and shifts toxins.
In the morning, it’s about treating puffiness and energising the skin, while at night you work more on relaxing the muscles and releasing tight connective tissue.
Use over your favourite facial oil to increase product absorption and reveal a brighter, rejuvenated complexion.
Gua Sha facials are known as the ‘Eastern facelift,’ due to their contouring effect.
Dating back thousands of years, Gua Sha has long been used as a healing technique.
A Gua Sha routine is a mix of a massage and workout, helping to release tension and leaving the skin instantly more supple, glowing and healthy-looking.
- Promotes healthy lymph flow by releasing toxins that are stuck
- Helps to iron out the fascia [connective tissue] that is affected by tension which creates a beautiful lift in the face
- Reduces puffiness or under-eye discolouration, as it removes excess fluid and improves blood flow
Maintaining a cool temperature, it refreshes skin and helps to close pores for a more even appearance. As well as this, it can reduce sagging, blotches and bags and lines around the eyes, quickly revitalising skin.
Our Rose Quartz Gua Sha comes in 100% recyclable packaging and its own 100% luxury cotton drawstring bag for storing it in.
How does it help to improve the skin?
By creating a controlled trauma (the short-term flush of redness that you experience), which the skin then starts to repair by making new collagen.
How often should you do Gua Sha?
Recommended use is a minimum of two to five times a week.
HOW TO USE
- After cleansing, apply a Facial Oil such as our Regenerating Facial Oil.
- Start with the neck: “Always start by opening up the neck. You must release tension from the neck in order to treat the face. It also brings energy up to the face.”
- Move to your face: Once you’ve done your neck, move to your face, starting at the jaw and working outward to move congestion away from the centre of your face and down towards your jaw. Move your way up the face and repeat with your under-eyes and forehead. We like to do one side first so that we can see the visible lift.
Guidelines for using your Gua Sha.
- Use your Gua Sha at a 15-degree angle (almost flat) as you massage your skin; so that the stone comes into contact with the skin and that it benefits from its healing and rejuvenating properties.
- For best results ensure pressure is firm over certain areas like the neck and jaw but that it is light and gentle on the rest of the face.
- Make sweeping rolls under the chin toward the collar bone, working outwards towards the sides of the neck.
- Make sure to support the skin with your opposite hand, always following through into the hairline.
Using your Gua Sha with facial acupressure points.
Facial acupressure improves the metabolism and the blood circulation in the skin; this tightens the areas that are being massaged and pressed, leaving you with a relaxed, youthful look. In facial acupressure, you compress key points on the skin’s surface to stimulate your body's natural healing abilities.
PRO TIP: For enhanced cooling and anti-inflammatory benefits, place your Rose Quartz Gua Sha in the fridge for 15 mins before rolling.
Since our Gua Sha tool is made of semi-precious stone - Rose Quartz, it is fragile. Gua sha tools will break if you drop them on a hard surface. You can store your tool in a dry place and somewhere it will not fall. Being fragile, they need to be handled with care. We supply a cotton bag and box which when used together are ideal for keeping the Gua Sha safe and secure.
The perfect way to supplement your daily skin care ritual.
A natural crystal known for its cooling, soothing and balancing properties.
Helps release this negative energy and bring about a relaxed feel.
The Rose Quartz crystal properties connect to the heart chakra, the centre of love.